Tuesday 5 February 2013

Moving on

The animal world is pretty.

More so when it comes to the aspect of letting go. The parent teaches the young ones to fly, to walk, to run, to fetch for itself. And then, the young ones move on. It is only us, humans, who love to cling on to the past - the ugly and the beautiful alike. We keep intact our baggage of grudges. We firmly hold on to the past when we should be living in the now. The graduation ceremonies are mere eyewash, even to the intelligent homo sapiens. And I am no exception.

I had nurtured a beautiful virtual place of companionship : Lustrous Lives for the past 3 years or so. It is a homely little space where I wrote to seek a meaning in life. It is a home where I found friends and readers from all across the world. It is that graduation board that made it inevitable for me to move on. It is the confidence of the amazing readers of Lustrous Lives that gave me the courage to move on, beyond the comfort zone of familiar readers and safe writing (will elaborate on this aspect in upcoming posts).

Wordiculture is the experience of moving out of your parents' house to fetch a life of your own. It will be my writing pad from now on. I will be sharing writing experiences, anecdotes, excerpts of my published and mostly unpublished writing and the general hullabaloo (an interesting discussion on the etymology of the word  by +Anatoly Liberman appears here) of life that makes me write. I will also be writing about my writer friends whom I meet along the way.

To be truthful, I don't have the full list of the ideas that Wordiculture will host. I simply know that, it is time for me to move on from the third person narrative voice of Lustrous Lives to the true  out-of-tune voice that is uniquely me. Wordiculture is going to be a journal of that adventure.

I invite you on this adventure and promise lots of hiccups and devastation on the way. As a side-kick, you might as well end up knowing a really ordinary person, just like you.

Join in, if you will.

looking birds

Image taken at Phi Phi Islands, 2011

4 comments:

  1. Moving on from Lustrous Life to Wordiculture - is equivalent to moving out from parent's house to own house? :D :D interesting thought, considering both are virtual space. I am going to read the other articles too.
    - Supratik

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the delayed response Supratik da.
    It is kind of true that a change of place, even if it is in the same space, can help condition our brains differently :)

    Hope to have you around

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Thank God you decided to find another platform to write rather than simply stop writing. I love your work. And I can totally understand when you mean changing the platform you're writing in. Back in November, I stopped writing in my blog too because I felt it's time to move on. However, I'm still trying to figure out where my next space is going to be. I'm glad you've found your forte. I'll be following your blog for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kreeti: it is great to hear from you after a long time! I followed your blog and know of your decision to stop writing at 'The Voice in my Head'... I hope you find a new space for your writing soon. And thank you so much for being here.

    Love and best regards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and caring to share your opinion. I will respond as soon as I can. If you want to share your comments via email, please mail me at susmitapaul(dot)writer(at)gmail(dot)com

It is a pleasure to have you here. Do come back and maybe bring some company! :)

Love

Susmita